Tuesday, June 3, 2008

The Host


So everyone was posting about the Twilight Series when they came out, but I have yet to hear what people thought about Stephanie Meyer's new book The Host. Has anyone read it yet? I read it in 3 days...not only was it good, but I was borrowing the book from a friend and Shawn wants to read it (yup! he does! He's read all the Twilight books too!) so I was hurrying to get done. It didn't even make it on my sidebar cuz all I did was read!
The beginning of the book was unlike anything I've ever read. It was interesting. The storyline is unlike anything I've ever read. I was conflicted, but in the end, it was a happy ending. That is my one qualification for me liking a book. So, what are your thoughts?

7 comments:

Tooele Brezoff Family said...

my mother in law is going to bring it out for me to read it while i am gimpy!


oh yeah your salt n peppa song came on so I said Bryan this is just for you! haha

Pearson's said...

I LOVED the book, I too read it in 3 days but only because I could not put it down. I loved the Twilight series, but I think I liked the Host a little better. Can't wait for more books from Stephenie Meyer.
Shanda

ClistyB said...

i bought it to read for my night in the surgery center. which is funny because had I even attempted to open the book I couldnt even stop myself from drooling let alone read a honkin fat book like that!
anyhoooo it is sitting on my nightstand now. maybe this weekend, Mike is away with the oldest and youngest.
It is sitting next to the book by the girl that got Warren Jeffs in T-R-O-U-B-L-E

Jody Hancock said...

I haven't read a book in about 13 years! (Keaton is 13) So my question for you and any other mother's that read, WHEN do you even have time for it? If I ever have time it's at night and I am too tired!

Missy said...

We have mandatory quiet time at our house (or at least until Cambree grows out of naps! That will be a sad day!). So I read when Cambree's napping. It's great to relax during the day! I need it and you do too, Jody!

Kim said...

I liked the book a lot. I didn't like it as much as the Twilight Series though. No one can beat Edward for me! But I did get hooked after about the first 70 pages. Stephenie Meyer has quite the imagination! I can't believe the creatures that she can come up with. Anyway,theres my opinion :0)

happy mom said...

my thoughts are that I have to read it! I wonder when I will finally get a chance! thanks for letting me know!