Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!!


I'm sure there aren't many Fathers that read this blog, but I thought I'd include them anyway.
Fathers sure don't get the credit they deserve. I know I usually take for granted every day that Shawn leaves the house to go to work. Fathers work so hard to support their families and that's part of how they show their love.
I took this picture a month or so ago and will give it to Shawn today. When I was editing it, I was reminded of this part from "I Am a Child of God". I think this is what fathers do or should do for their children. They are great examples and the rock of the family. Children need that kind of relationship with their fathers to help them through this scary world. I'm grateful for my own father who was a great example to me in guiding me on how to choose a worthy spouse and in raising my own children. Thanks to all those AWESOME dads out there!! We LOVE you!

7 comments:

Tooele Brezoff Family said...

Missy
I love this photo, I got watery eyes reading the words.

Andrea Brown said...

We start swim lessons this week. It's so fun for the kids. I'm sorry your family has been sick, that is no fun. We read "These is My Words" for book group too, did you enjoy it?

esperanza said...

Beautiful tribute! I love my dad so much, it seems like good ones are becoming more rare all the time and I hope to find a good man to be the father of my future children as well! Good men have so much influence in the home!

Missy said...

Andrea,
I had a hard time getting into the book, but after about the first 100 pages (and when the love interest got really interesting!) then it was really good and I want to read the sequels.

Brandi said...

That is a beautiful picture. I love it.

jen&john&maddy said...

Hey there, I miss seeing you! After this month is over, want to be friends again?? :) I think everyone has given up on me lately, including myself, but after June, I think I might have a boring/normal/blissful life again!

Tara said...

Gorgeous picture, Missy -- I love how you edited it. You are so good!!
I feel the same way about taking your husband for granted -- I'm glad we have holidays like Father's Day when we can remember and appreciate them!