Thursday, June 19, 2008

Happy Birthday to ME!!

Yup! I had my birthday yesterday! Of course, it's been spread out starting on Sunday with a party with my family celebrating my b-day, my sister's b-day and Father's day. We're all about time-saving here...if that's what you call it. My poor mom (and girls) was the only one not being celebrated that day so she was cooking, made a cake, and doing dishes all by herself. Well, not really, we did help her some.
For my b-day, we did go to the pool after swimming lessons with Donell & her kids, and my mom came to help me with my kids. Whew! No big almost-deaths! However, we did get burnt to a crisp! I'm so dumb and don't know how to use the sunscreen spray right! I felt so bad for the girls!!! Lesson learned! (This is my new birthday shirt too!)


Shawn came home from work a little early to take me out. That never happens! Going on a date in the middle-of-the-week or celebrating actually on my birthday-when its not on a weekend, that is. We went to one of my favorite restaurants here, The Thai House. I decided to just go to a movie even though there weren't any good chick flicks playing here. So we went to The Incredible Hulk. It was good but left the end WIDE OPEN for a sequel. Hardly ANY closure! I DO NOT like it when they do that!!! After the movie, we went to Cold Stone for my yummy b-day treat! Yum!!!

Donell took me and the girls (my mom and sister came too) out to lunch today since we were at the pool yesterday. It was really nice! Thanks to everyone for wishing me a Happy Birthday and REMEMBERING!! I'm SO BAD at that! I've gots to do better! I even got these lovely flowers from a friend! I'm so blessed to have such wonderful friends!!

12 comments:

Tooele Brezoff Family said...

nice burn! cute shirt!!
I am happy you had a nice day!!
Happy Birthday!!

Brandi said...

Well I guess I am a bad friend for not remembering your B-Day. Looks like you had a great birthday. Happy Birthday!!!

jen&john&maddy said...

Happy Birthday! (I have tried to post this comment thrice, so if it shows up that much, sorry!) Anyway, I guess I'm one of the bad friends like Brandi! But I'm like you, I forget everyone's birthdays. So when you forget mine, we'll just call it even! :) lol! Sounds like you had a great time on your birthday (love the shirt bytheway) and soon it will be time for your best present of all--Italy!

Jody Hancock said...

HI its me your loser sis-in-law that forgot your b-day! I'm so sorry! I will make it up to you soon! Lets have another girls night, my treat! I'm glad some people in your life made your birthday special for you!

ClistyB said...

happy birthday!
We were in Tooele on Monday looking at houses, it was fun. Never been there before. I kept looking for your neighborhood based on your house pic on the blog!!

Andrea Brown said...

Hope you had a happy birthday. Sorry about getting burned - no fun. The flowers are pretty.

Jeremy and Jamie said...

Happy Birthday, Missy! I'm glad you had a good week!

Sants said...

Happy Birthday to you! Yeah! It sounds like you had a great day!

Chrissy said...

Happy kinda late birthday, missy!

esperanza said...

Happy Birhtday!!!!

Kim said...

Happy bday Missy! You're almost as old as me now. :) I have a question for you. What kind of program do you use to edit your pictures? I don't want anything super expensive, I got a fun new camera for mothers day and I love it and it's fun to mess with the pictures in photoshop, but I can't figure it out and I wonder if you have any suggestions since you're such a pro at it. Thanks! Kim

Missy said...

Oh Kim! I use an old version of Photoshop (6.0) and it does so much!! I took a class in college and am just re-learning stuff. Learn all you can about textures and actions. Those are what get me places! Then let me know if you have questions. Flickr groups are great places to learn things too!