Sunday, June 8, 2008

Brinley Star...My Cute 5 Year Old

So I just wanted to write a little about my Brinley since it was just her Birthday this week and I did her photo shoot and wanted to post some of those ;) Jenn, you beat me to it!
Brinley has always been little miss independent, tough, crazy, a little boyish girl. But, times have changed! She's now more sensitive which has been a switch for me! I guess it's engrained in girls to be that way. I'm glad she is, because us women need to be more senstive when the guys are not! Brinley is turning out to be such a great helper. I love having her help me clean and cook. She really does help (mostly!)! She protects her sister (when it's not her beating her up!) that I find so endearing! She's all into Princess things (not completely, but more than before) and loves to wear makeup and jewelry. She talks and talks and mostly I'm ok with it as long as she keeps it up and tells me EVERYTHING when she's a teenager! She's such a learner and asks questions about EVERYTHING! Many times, I don't know the answers. A little while ago, we didn't know the answer to a bug question she had. So Shawn went to the Encyclopedia and found the answer in there. She even had it read to her as a bedtime story the other night! She's so curious! She loves learning about the human body and wants to know how things work and I can hardly help her with that! Brinley is so funny and we love having her in our family. She's beautiful and sweet and I can't wait to see what the future holds for her.
To see more pics from Brinley's photo shoot, go to my Flickr! And to answer your question, Jenn, this was just in a field at the end of 1000 North. I, too, was surprised at the result cuz it was a blah day...that's where PLENTY of Photoshopping comes in!

12 comments:

Tooele Brezoff Family said...

Missy these are so darling! I love the orange skirt and the looking down shot. Fabric was cool, my crap they are all so darling!!!

I asked Natalie if Missy taught her any new song today. And Natalie just looked at me and said "um Sister Hancock". It took me a moment, did she just say that oh yes she did... they learn fast i loved it.

nicole said...

Oh my....she is so beautiful. You are the best!!! I love, love them all. I actually really like the one with everything black and white with Brinley in color:) I would like try that with my girls. I love how amazingly talented you are!!!!!

Jody Hancock said...

The pictures are all so good, I love all of them. I need to bring my lap top next time we get together at the parents so you can teach me how to do some of the photoshop stuff. I love that pioneer woman effect. You are getting better every time you have a shoot. Good job!

Kierstin said...

You are such a talented photographer. I wish I could get you out here to shoot my girls. Brinley sounds like a wonderful daughter and a fun girl. Again, I wish you guys were out here, then she and Asia could be best friends. Shawn doesn't want to get back to his CA roots?!?

Missy said...

Thanks, everyone, for your nice comments.
Kierstin, Brinley and Asia would be such great friends if we could afford to live there!! Almost all of Shawn's family lives here now so there isn't much pull for us to go there besides the great weather!

Brandi said...

Cute pictures. You do such a good job!

John & Jennifer Savage said...

I can't believe the field is that close! I can't picture where it even is in my mind. :) But I love the pics and I have got to check out this Pioneer woman's actions!

esperanza said...

Wow! You have a 5 year old!!! My goodness time flies! :) I'm so behind! LOL. Cute pictures of her too! I was a little crazy-boyish as a little girl too, so she will turn out just lovely ;)

meyerstwins.blogspot.com said...

So beautiful! You did such a great job. She's so big and cute!

Gabrielle said...

That skirt is so adorable. Its a perfect little girl/lets her feel like a pretty big girl skirt.

Chrissy said...

Wow, Missy. I am absolutely amazed at your photography skizzles! Great job!

Angie said...

I love your description of Brinley. Isn't it so much fun to watch our kids grow up and learn about their personalities?
It was so good seeing you guys. I also love how well our kids play together. I hope that they always will.