Sunday, May 18, 2008

We did NOT Beat the Heat!!

Yes, we were outside almost ALL day on Saturday!! It was mostly by choice so I can't complain. Shawn usually hates this stuff and doesn't like to go, but he toughed it and didn't complain!
Saturday morning was my cousin's son's birthday party at Backyard Adventures. It was really fun! One huge play set hooked all together! The kids had a blast! I saw lots of family too since they're blessing their new baby on Sunday also. My cousin, Jennifer, and her husband and son have been staying with us for a few days. It's been really fun catching up and playing games! Our girls play really well with their son so that's been really great too!
I didn't just want to turn around and come back home, so we decided to go to Gardner Village. I've never been there before and wanted to check it out (GREAT location for a photo shoot and I even brought my good camera!). There was also a petting zoo there that we took the kids to. They actually let the animals (most of them) just roam around freely! I've never seen that before! Cambree was in heaven running from one animal to the next! Brinley just wanted to play in the water. I was having fun taking pictures trying out my lens again and Shawn's shoe was being eaten by a goat!







The shops are Gardner Village are SO cute! We actually only went inside the Storybook Nook and a candy shop, cuz I was too scared to take the girls into a shop full of breakables! They loved the Thomas the Train table! We've been missing out! We even got free snow cones for the opening of a photography studio and yes I went it to steal some ideas! ;)
We still had time, so we went to Wheeler Farm (I also wanted to scope out that location, also a good place!). We had a nice time with the ducks, climbing a cool tree, and going for a walk (Can you believe we didn't even go over to the farm area? This place is HUGE!)
Sorry for all the pics! I'm too lazy to put them into a collage or slideshow or something! But I might Photoshop some of the good ones! Some people Photoshop their pictures when they just put them on their blog! I guess I should if I'm promoting myself for Photography...but I usually don't have the time! :)

10 comments:

ClistyB said...

ok, I totally cannot believe you haven't been to Gardner's Village before!! When Sarah comes out this summer I will take you two to eat at Archibald's!!!!!!!!!!!
And you have to go in October for their witch decorations.

ClistyB said...

We have had three birthday parties at Backyard Adventures. Love it love it love it!!

Missy said...

Clisty, that would be so fun to go with you two! Shawn gets tired as soon as he walks into a store, so he was NOT very fun to go with!

meyerstwins.blogspot.com said...

Sounds like fun! You hit it all. I was laughing at your NKOTHB entry. I heard about it too and was laughing. Good memories!

John & Jennifer Savage said...

I've been wondering what you've been up too! Sounds like you guys had a blast. I've never been to Gardner's Village either, but everyone always talks about how fun it is to go at Halloween, so I'll have to be sure to go this year. I also love Wheeler's Farm. That's where I took my sister's engagement photos--lots of great places to take pics.

Brandi said...

finally it is warm to stay outside and have some fun. I love taking my kids to Wheeler farm and to Gardner Village. It is fun and cheap or free just walking around.

happy mom said...

so I knew about gardner and wheeler, but what about all these other places, never heard of the back yard place! are all these places in happy valley? you are always doing such great things. how fun. well, I am not sure why you appologize for the pictures, that is how I post a lot with just a ton, am I supposed to appologize for that?

Chrissy said...

Wow, that was all in ONE DAY? Whew, I'm tired just reading about it!

Sants said...

My kids would love it here! Maybe we will try to get there when we are in Utah this summer.

Andrea Brown said...

I have never been to Wheeler Farms or Gardner Village. It makes me want to go. And I agree, I can't believe you did that all in one day.