Friday, May 16, 2008

The Right Stuff!!

So I was watching the Today show, as I do every morning, and was PLEASANTLY SURPRISED at the Summer concert show pick! NKOTB!! (New Kids on the Block for those of you that aren't familiar with the initials ;) Oh my gosh! It took me back!! (Tiff L or P now...remember trying to learn the Step by Step dance?! Ha ha!) They're not the best live, but they're still Hangin' Tough and still have the Right Stuff! ;) LOVED IT!! It made my day! (until about an hour later when PMS kicked in!) Me and my girls were rockin' out and Brinley wanted to see more! I straightaway went online to see if they're coming to SL, and sadly they're not. I'd have to go to the East Coast to see them! Hopefully they'll come this way! I'm there if they do!! Who else is in?
(Be sure to pause my music)

10 comments:

Julie said...

Wow! The NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK!!! I think probably every girl from 7-17 was in love with...Joey??? ;)

Brynn said...

Wow, they really aren't very good now are they. I wasn't lucky enough to get my own copy. I had to record my friends tape. Kindof fun to see them again.

Missy said...

My fav was Jordan! But Joey was cute too!

Brandi said...

I remember them. That was so long ago. Whatever happened to them? I can't remember which one I liked I think his last name was Wahlberg. That brings back lots of memories. Thanks!

carrie said...

Too funny! Missy, Thanks sooooo much for taking the time to help me out. We are planning to buy CS3 in a couple of weeks so if you would like to download it, feel free. Tony gets the student discount, so we figured it will be worth it. I am going to "try" to edit Isaac's pictures then I will post them. Wish me luck (my fingers are crossed that I will be able to figure out what I am doing!) My e-mail is carriegoldbear@yahoo.com if you want to contact me, and I am serious about the photoshop thing!

Angie said...

Oh...that was fun. The funniest thing about it was watching the crowd...25-35 year old women going gaga over the NKOTB.
Have you seen Music and Lyrics? This reminds me of that show. That was a great romantic comedy that even Rob enjoyed!

happy mom said...

okay I didn't watch it, but I remeber Jordan being the heart throb as well, but I also remember when they came in concert and how bad I wanted to go, but I didn't think my parents would ever let me, and then by the time they came in concert they weren't so cool anymore, so some people were unloading tickets and my dad bought them for me and our indian placement student my brother took us. wow thanks for that memory. sorry to share that whole thing, I guess you got me thinking.

esperanza said...

NKOTB yick! LOL. "Girl you know it's true, ooo,ooo,oo,oooo,ooooo!"

The Ekker Family said...

I am happy to see I am not the only one who was a new kids fan!! I went to their concert the summer between my 9th and 10th grade year.

Chrissy said...

wow, NKOTB? Now, THAT brings back memories!!! Remember how we (well, I did, and I just assume everyone else did too...) use to roll our pant legs up at the bottom, and sometimes even fold our socks up over the roll? Wow, that was a cool look, let me tell ya.