Wednesday, May 28, 2008

A LITTLE Hungry?

So I was upstairs editing photos on the computer and decided I needed to check on Cambree. This is what I found:She bit into every apple and lined them all up. Who knows what these two year olds are thinking?!!
I've also been meaning to post this for a while. I painted this lamp (two lamps actually) that I found from DI black and found some shades from Walmart. I LOVE how they turned out and look fabulous by our bed! I don't know about the gold cord, though...
I think I read in "The Parenting Breakthrough" (could've been something else too) that it's nice to have a Family Motto or Mission Statement. We thought about what ours should be for a Family Home Evening. Shawn's good at coming up with slogans and things so we or he thought of one. STAY WITH THE FLOCK, YOU ARE A HANCOCK! It can mean many things...sticking up for each other, choosing the right, be more Christlike, etc. So we liked it and I had a friend make me a vinyl sign of it. I made the board and we hung it up! Now our kids can see it and hopefully drill it into their brains!

10 comments:

Chrissy said...

Missy, this post is awesome on so many levels! She really did that to all the apples? I'm cracking up right now!

And I love the family motto. It's catchy! That's such a great idea. Can you come up with something for "Bailey"? I'm just not as creative as you guys are!

Tooele Brezoff Family said...

The apples are too funny!
Addy once tried to help me with the wash and put ALL of the soap in the washer. yeah that was fun to clean up.
I love the lamp, too cute!

Brandi said...

How Funny. I guess she wanted to make sure that all the apples were good.lol Cute lamps!

Brynn said...

Funny Cambree. We should get her and Marlie together sometime. They could get into lots of trouble.
Cute lamp!

Jordan Wilcox said...

Fun post Missy. I got a hearty laugh from the apples, Tate does that, only he doesn't line them up, I just go to eat one and it already has a bite out of it! Cute Lamp, cute motto, cute everything!

Rachel said...

I love the apples! I'm afraid to show the picture to Megan - don't want to give her any ideas!
Love the motto -isn't vinyl great?!

ClistyB said...

what's with your kids, my kids and WASTING APPLES!!!!!!!!!1
I had a good laugh at that!

esperanza said...

Love the family saying and love the pic of the apples all bitten into! What a kid! :)

happy mom said...

laughing at the apples, and love the saying, and lamp and all!

Angie said...

Hey, birds of a feather stick together. That's a cute family mission statement.
I love the apple thing...Cambree is so cute!
See you in less than a week!!! YES!