Sunday, May 25, 2008

A Date! Finally!

It feels like we haven't been on a date for a long time (or maybe I just need LOTS of dates!!) At least a date with a movie involved! This was my late Mother's Day date since we couldn't go out on the weekend of Mother's Day or last weekend! Heidi was great and babysat for us as we have a babysitting trade going on, which is just great, and she took my girls earlier than usual so we could go to SL. We had dinner at Texas Roadhouse which I've been craving their rolls and steak for months! So I was excited to go there! Then, we saw Prince Caspian. Very great movie! I meant to read the book BEFORE we went, since I've read about every other book in the series, but it just wasn't meant to be! I'm just a big fan of all those fun fairytale movies with great effects! And it was so nice to go out with just Shawn, my BFF! The movie was an added bonus! We haven't been to the theatres since January! It was time! I hardly know what's out anymore! But from the looks of the previews, there's gonna be some good ones this summer! HANCOCK!! Can't wait to see that great film with a great name! ;)
Saturday was pretty relaxing. We just worked around the house and on our "little patch of heaven" as some call it here. Shawn did most of the work this time, so maybe all our plants won't die! We'll see who the better gardner is!
Oh! On Thursday we had our Book Club meeting at Lori's about the Odd Thomas book. It was great, as always! And the food was divine! Thanks, Lori, for all your hard work! I just LOVE book club!

11 comments:

ClistyB said...

I had the books read to me when I was about 8 and my older sister would make us listen to her read them. I don't remember much about them and I did not see the first Narnia movie, but this second one was was EXCELLENT! Glad you liked it.

Brandi said...

I haven't seen that movie yet, but I want to. It is always good to go on a date I need to go on one with my hubby. Hope to see ya on Friday.

Tooele Brezoff Family said...

Sounds like a fun weekend, we want to go and see that movie but we really want to see Hancock!! I love Wil Smith,
I am so happy you liked the food on Thursday. I love to bake food when I have people over.

Sants said...

We really liked this movie, too! I can hardly wait to see HANCOCK! I love Will Smith.

Chrissy said...

Is that a good book, Odd Thomas? (Is that the name of it?) I'm always looking for my next book...

HANCOCK looks good, but man was I thrown off by the title! I was at Cori and Ry's scrappin', and the preview came on. Cori was like, "ooh oooh, you have to watch this preview. just wait. hold on. watch it..." then the name of it flashed. ha ha I laughed so hard. So you know we're all going to see it! ;)

Andrea Brown said...

Glad you had a good time, but I didn't like the movie.

happy mom said...

I am so glad that we are able to do our little swap, and I think Hancock looks good I hope I get to see that one. love the lamps, and book club too!

happy mom said...

I am so glad that we are able to do our little swap, and I think Hancock looks good I hope I get to see that one. love the lamps, and book club too!

happy mom said...

I am so glad that we are able to do our little swap, and I think Hancock looks good I hope I get to see that one. love the lamps, and book club too!

happy mom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
happy mom said...

oops, blogger froze and I thought it wasn't posting and then it posted 4 times but it only let me delete one.