Monday, May 19, 2008

A Child's Testimony

I was just sitting here at the computer when I heard Brinley telling my cousin's son, McKay, about Jesus. She was holding his picture and this is where I tuned in: "...Jesus makes people walk and see and hear when people can't. So I want you to remember this picture and that he was resurrected." She said more but this is all I caught. So sweet. We can learn so much from these kids. I'm glad I'm in Primary but really wish I could teach more and be a teacher!
Then I told Brinley I wanted to tell her something. I told her that she was bearing her testimony. She said she didn't know that she was. She got all excited and now wants to bear it in church. We'll see about that!

12 comments:

esperanza said...

That is soooo cool! You are teaching her well!

Mi Piace said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mi Piace said...

You must be doing an awesome job at teaching her about Jesus!!

Cant wait to hear her testimony....AND YOURS!!!! lol

Brandi said...

How cute! I love to hear kids talk about Jesus. It is awesome, we think they don't listen but they really do.

Angie said...

That's so cute! I don't know if her Primary teacher was giving the same lesson I did yesterday, but the lesson was about how the Priesthood power can heal and how Jesus healed many people when He was on the earth.
Colden often says that Jesus helps him get better when he is sick. It's so adorable!!

Maylyn said...

Watch out and she may be like my daughter, Madyson who loves to bear her testimony EVERY fast Sunday so you might be bearing yours a lot too............ :) Look forward to next fast Sunday......

happy mom said...

that is so sweet, and makes me realize how much I need to bare my testimony for my children.

Kellye, Jordan, Tate, and Hayden said...

Missy-

That is so cool! Maybe you have a future missionary on your hands!

Gabrielle said...

that is very fortunate you were able to over hear her sweet words. I bet you loved it.

Chrissy said...

That is so sweet! You guys are great parents to have your little kids pick up on stuff like that. Doesn't it melt your heart?

jen&john&maddy said...

That's such a sweet story. You're doing a great job there Mom! And maybe they are learning something in my class after all! (although I'm betting more on it coming from you guys! lol)

Sants said...

That is so sweet! I love this post!