Monday, April 21, 2008

Cambree's Went to Her First Birthday Party!!!

Cambree got invited to her first friend Birthday Party! She has been talking about it for a week (ever since we got the invite). She helped me pick out his present...he was turning 3 so she loved the idea of bubbles...and helped me wrap it. She had a great time! It was also nice for me to be child-less for an hour...Brinley was at a playgroup. I showered in peace!
The present ..... The party ....... The favors

I've been needing to write a few funnies that Cambree has said lately. Last week, I found her in her crib in the morning with her jammies off and her blanket wrapped around her legs. She said, "I'n a mernaid, Mommy!!" (mermaid)
Yesterday, we had spaghetti for dinner. She asked for the shakey-shakey, as she was shaking her shoulders. I said, "Did you mean the Parmesan cheese?" She said, "uh-huh!" Crazy girl!
This morning, she yells and sings to wake me up and get her out of her crib every morning. Today, I was seranaded by "The Itsy Bitsy Spider" and she was quoting one of her favorite books, "The Little Old Lady Who was Not Afraid of Anything"...two shoes go clop, clop, one pair of pants go wiggle, wiggle... She's way too energetic in the morning!
And today, I tried out one of the recipes ya'll told me about! I've been really excited with all your recipes! Thanks!!
I made Cafe Rio chicken!! I even put it in a little pie tin...kinda how they do! Don't laugh! I didn't know how else to serve it! It was SOOO yummy AND EASY!!! Here's the recipe:
5 lbs of chicken (that's a LOT of chicken!! I did 3 large chicken breasts...however many pounds that is!)
1 small bottle of Italian dressing
1 TB cumin
1TB chili powder
3-4 cloves minced garlic
I didn't have to go to the store for anything! We even had those uncooked yummy tortillas to go with the Cafe Rio chicken salad. I made rice, corn, and beans. We topped it with lettuce, sour cream, avocados, and cheese. It tasted SO good, if I do say so myself! SWEEETT!!!

Here's the Turkey Roll recipe that some of you wanted. It's a really easy recipe but takes a while to roll them up. This is also a recipe from my mom, so she's never exact in her measuring and it drives me crazy!!!
3 c. diced Turkey or Chicken
6 oz. cream cheese
1/2 c. butter
onion and mushrooms
crescent roll dough
Mix softened margarine and cream cheese. Add turkey/chicken, onion and mushrooms. Put 2 Tbl filling in each crescent roll. Roll, pinch edges together, and dip in melted butter. Then, roll in bread crumbs. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes. May serve with turkey gravy or cream of chicken soup.

3 comments:

Tooele Brezoff Family said...

Happy Birthday!!!
the food looks so yummy!
I love the silly things my kids say I am glad to know other kids are just as silly.

Chrissy said...

Missy, you're making me hungry with the last few posts you've done! ;)

John & Jennifer Savage said...

The mermaid comment is hilarious. Makes me excited for when Maddy can say more than "num num num" when she's hungry. :)