Monday, April 28, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

My sweet, crazy, little Cambree is doing what has been done by her older sister....taking her diaper off, before she goes to sleep at night, thus peeing the bed!!! Now, she's doing it during her nap time! Sometimes I can catch her before she goes to sleep and get it back on...and THEN it comes off again!! We're pinning her jammies now and I'm thinking about duct taping her diaper. I had to do it with Brinley, but Brinley would just take the tabs off and then take the diaper off, so duct tape worked. But Cambree just slips the diaper right down. So, any ideas??? Do I duct tape it to her skin? Ouch!! I don't think so. Do I have to start potty training??? I don't think she's quite ready, and I'm not either!!
Yesterday, while I was gone, Shawn said she was in her crib trying to take a nap, but kept taking her diaper off. Well, she finally really had to pee and it was a gusher!! She screamed so bad so we think it might've scared her!!! We'll see if that cured it! But if I know my little one, probably not!

10 comments:

Tooele Brezoff Family said...

If you put a onsie on her will she take it off? That is wha worked with Natahan. Tape is always a great thing we did that on Natalie and Addy.

Angie said...

Sorry, but I can't help you there. I'm not going to say anything else that would require me to knock on wood...

ClistyB said...

duct tape the diaper and bribe the living daylights out of her!!!!!!!!!!

esperanza said...

How funny, I've never heard of a kid doing that! Is it motivated then by not wanting to sleep in a wet diaper? Good luck with that! :)

Jody Hancock said...

You could try safety pins. Pin her jammies to her diaper so she can't pull it down. Good luck! KIDS!!!!

happy mom said...

I have no idea if this would work, but Amanda wants to be a big girl and so she loves pull-ups, at night she has started fighting diapers, so I am considering putting her in goodnights (pull-ups just for night time.)

echolsfamily said...

We had a similar problem with Paxton. When he would go poo, he would reach down his pants and pull it out. Sorry, gross I know, TMI! We started putting onesies on like Lori said and he couldn't get his diaper off or get into his diaper. Good luck!

meyerstwins.blogspot.com said...

Im sorry! I feel your pain! I would do the duct tape or just have her wear onesies. I have the same prob with Landon. Sorry!

Kelly said...

So the duct taping her diaper made me laugh so hard. It reminds me of the movie Three men and a little baby. Oh so funny! Good luck with that one!

Kelly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.